Even though you may see sightings of patrons dressed as plague doctors at the festival for a bit of fun, we take our Covid-19 safety very seriously! The health, safety and wellbeing of our patrons, volunteers and team is our top priority and we are committed to delivering a COVID Safe event in 2021.
We are working to ensure that our COVID Safe plan adheres to Queensland and Federal Government legislation surrounding mass gatherings and COVID-19 restrictions. We must all work together for the well-being of our communities, and ask that you please follow all safety protocols throughout the weekend. Thank you for your support!
IMPORTANT COVID-SAFE INFORMATION
What you’ll be doing
- Stay home if you are unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell. If you have any symptoms get tested at Queensland testing and fever clinics – coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Stay at home if you have been in a declared hotspot, in close contact with a person who has tested positive to COVID-19 or overseas in the last 14 days.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times. Please keep a distance of 1.5m from people outside your core social group and avoid any crowded space.
- Avoid physical greetings i.e. handshakes, kisses and hugs.
- Practice good hand hygiene, wash your hands with soap and water and use the hand sanitiser stations provided throughout the event precinct.
- Please practise good hygiene, this includes coughing and sneezing into your elbow, away from others.
- Follow the instructions of COVID Marshals, Public Safety Officers and signage when on site.
- If at any point during the event you begin to feel unwell, please immediately advise the closest staff member.
- Check in at the event on arrival by the signed QR codes using the Check-In Queensland App.
- COVID Safe messages may be delivered before, during and after events. Listen out for information and follow the directions.
What we’ll be doing
- COVID-19 Marshals and Public Safety Officers will be present throughout the festival site to keep you safe and to implement COVID-19 Safety measures. All attendees will be required to follow instructions of COVID Marshals and Public Safety Officers.
- The event site will maintain a high standard of cleaning throughout the festival especially in community utilised areas like toilets and water stations.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be available throughout the event precinct.
- Attendee information for contact tracing purposes will be collected, in accordance with Queensland Government requirements.
- Volunteers will be encouraged to keep COVID Safety top of mind and help you, our attendees remember to keep social distancing.
- Abbey Medieval Festival will monitor current COVID-19 restrictions posted by Queensland Health and information contained within COVID Plans will be updated to align to any changes (if required).
COVID Safe Plan
A COVID Safe Plan (CSP) will be in place for the event. This plan outlines the safety strategies that will be implemented to manage the risk of COVID-19 Safety strategies that are based on the following principles.
- Density – ensuring space accommodates 1 person per 2 square metres
- Distancing – providing adequate space for people to be able to physically distance from one another
- Contact– providing means for capturing contact details for people attending
- Plans also describe the management of COVID-19 operational control standards that include:
- Staff and patron health and wellbeing
- Hygiene and cleaning
- Public health education/information
- Food and beverage service
- Non-compliance and incident management
More information regarding the event’s COVID Safe plan will be available via our website and social media channels. We thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncertain and ever-changing times. In the event that Queensland’s restrictions change and impact the delivery of this event, we will keep you updated via our website and social media channels.