5 ways you can benefit from volunteering
Some people might think that if you volunteer, you waste your time because you don’t get anything out of it and it’s only for people who have nothing to do!
Actually, that couldn’t be further from the truth!
Are you missing something from your life and you don’t quite know what? Are you an ‘all work and no play’ type of person but find it hard to wind-down and keep a hobby?
Volunteering is a great way to add to your life, build up resilience and feel like the person that you really want to feel like.
Get active! Get alive! and get that feeling of satisfaction that comes with doing good.
We have some wonderful volunteers at the Abbey Medieval Festival, some of whom come back to us year after year. This might explain why!
What contributing to your community can do for you!
- Are you between jobs? – use your time to volunteer and keep your skills up to date
- Are you recovering from illness? If you can’t commit to a full time job yet, use your time to volunteer and build up strength and stamina until you are fully fit again
- Are you new to the area? Consider volunteering to make friends and contacts to help you feel connected with your community
- Put that smile on your dial – where it belongs! – There’s nothing like giving to make you feel better
- Oh and here’s one, if you are fed up on on-line dating……why not give volunteering a go to see if you can meet some ‘real live’ people.
Volunteering for the Abbey Medieval Festival is and incredible experience. It’s not just fun, it’s educational. Applications are now open – apply here!