New to the Abbey Medieval Festival 2017
This year we are living up to all expectations some incredible new program additions, authentic groups and amazing stall holders. We have a brand new Friday event – The Friday Joust Tourney – which will give you a very unique view of the festival.
- We have updated layout including a new re-enactment village called St. Edith’s Village
- Who likes archery? How about horseback archery? Then you won’t want to miss Medieval Horse Sports Australia and Knights of Camelot Horse Archery will be demonstrating Horseback Archery. This incredibly exciting demonstration will feature Australian Horse Archery champions showcasing mounted skill at arms from three of Australia’s Champion Horse Archers, and will incorporate the use of bow, sword and lance. Not to be missed!
- The 16th century re-enactment group Condottieri will be debuting their new cannon
- New re-enactment villages including:-
- Crusader quarter –
- Dark ages will be redesigning their layout to make an easier throuughfare for the public
- Trebuchet – you will not be disappointed
And there’s Finger Looping?
Anything else?….we will keep you posted.
The second new Village precinct is the “Crusaders Quarter” which will host specialist re-enactment groups. Here, for your entertainment and education, you can see shows and displays such as Bedouin Coffee Making, Cavalry Tactics and Horses: East Meets West talk, and a Lucet and Weaving Workshop.
Make sure you visit the Info Booth this year, as we will have a REAL SUIT OF ARMOUR on display. This armour was recently purchased by the Abbey Museum, and is originally from the 15th Century!
New in the VIP area is a 2 storey, ‘tudor’ themed viewing gallery for our special guests and Sponsors!
- We have wonderful and very exciting addition to our jouster family with the announcement that we have a jouster travelling from France to compete for the Abbey Tournament Champion title!
The Festival is going green! We are determined to keep the festival as environmentally sustainable as possible, so we strongly encourage you to BYO water bottles. There will be 4 Water Rehydration Stations for unlimited free re-fills. However, we will be selling limited bottled water around the Festival, including at the St. Michael’s stall.
To see all this and much more, plus all the much loved shows and displays from previous years, buy your tickets now!