What’s New to the Abbey Medieval Banquet in 2015?
• The banquet is being held in celebration of a gift of an important relic from the King to the people of Abbeystowe
• The relic has been brought back from the Holy Land. And is of such great importance that it is expected that many thousands of pilgrims will flock to the Abbey
• The king is expecting that his gift will bring great wealth to the people of Abbeystowe and in return the King will charge an appropriate levy….
• The King’s Envoy will present the relic within a beautiful, gilded reliquary at the banquet and it will also be carried in the opening parade at the Festival on display for all to view with the appropriate awe.
• A parchment, detailing the gift of the relic to the Abbey will be read at the banquet and available on display thereafter..
New to the Abbey Medieval Banquet? Check out the menu to get a taste of what is on offer..
New to the banquet and not sure about how to get your ticket? Check out page for info on banquet tickets still available …..
New to the Banquet and not sure what to wear? Check out our costuming page ….